Exclusive interview with Nurul Hasan
Nurul Hasan prioritizes Bangladesh over everything else
Bangladesh batsman Nurul Hasan has been performing well with the bat in the ongoing DPL. He has been appointed as the captain of Sheikh Jamal and the keeper-batsman is leading from the front with his batting.
Nurul has amassed 414 runs in the tournament so far which includes one century and three half-centuries. He got included in the squad for Nidahas Trophy on the same day he had smashed a century against Prime Doleshwar.
The 24-year-old has been in contention for a place in the national team since 2016. He has represented the country in 12 international matches across all three formats. However, he has not been involved in the playing XI many a time for the sake of team-combination.
The promising batsman has recently discussed a few things with Cricfrenzy where he talked about the following issues…
* You are in a good form. You’ve been chosen [in the team] at the right time...
- It’s nothing like that. 50 overs match was going on in the DPL. Now we are going to play T20Is... The goal will be to play according to the team's needs.
* T20Is straight from the one-day competition, will it be difficult to adjust?
- Actually, you can’t be concerned about so many things in professional cricket. Whether it is Test, ODI or T20 format, it is necessary to prepare by changing the Mindset.
* You were frequently going in and out of the national team for quite some time ... after being in a good form, you were not considered after the tour of New Zealand in 2016. Do you consider yourself a bit unlucky?
- If I think this way, I will actually hurt myself. I do not think so much. When I play for the national team, I think that I am representing the country, this is how I see it. And while playing in domestic cricket, my goal is to fulfill my satisfaction and the demands of the team. I think self-realization is the most important. Wherever I play, I am satisfied if I play according to the requirements of the team.
* You’ve got big runs batting in a lower position...apparently after the top-order failed. Do you prefer playing at this position or would it be better if you could play in the top-order?
- There is a lot of pressure while batting at no. six or seven. I love to perform under pressure. This is a challenge to me. I don’t bother about these things separately.
* Your innings were eye-pleasing
- Now is a good time. I will try to maintain it in future.
* How are you enjoying the captaincy?
- I am trying to give my 100 percent in captaincy. I used to think about my batting even when I played according to the demands of the team. Now the I have to think about the whole team.
* There are responsibilities related to captaincy, is it helping in your own game?
- I think it has helped. I'm enjoying it now.
* Your batting is very unique. You have many shots up your sleeves. Playing 360 degrees around the wicket is appears to be very normal to you. Do you think this kind of batting comes naturally or do you have to work on this?
- I had to practice some shots. And I've been working with some details. I am trying to fix things that are not being done.
* It will not be easy to get a place in the playing XI during the tour of Sri Lanka. How do you perceive this?
- To me, Bangladesh is above everything else. Whatever team management wants, will happen. The main goal is to play well as a team. I have no personal goals. If I get the opportunity, I’ll try to make that work.
* What are Bangladesh’s chances according to you?
- We've been playing well for a few years now. Maybe there have been some bad moments in the Sri Lanka series but it is part of cricket. We're hoping to do something good by overcoming that.
|| CF Correspondent || Chief of BCCI's Committee of Administrators, Vinod Rai, on Friday (February 22), stated that the Indian Cricket Board has not made a decision, one way or theMatch Report Live Score More
||Desk Report|| South Africa bowlers struck back after Sri Lanka’s bowling rampage on the first day of the second Test on Thursday in Port Elizabeth. Kasun Rajitha, Vishwa Fernando claimedMatch Report Live Score More