Zimbabwean worried with form not Corona

Image : Cricfrenzy

|| CF Correspondent ||
Zimbabwe skipper Sean Williams looked more worried of their recent form rather than the fear regarding corona virus effect while he was talking to the press on Tuesday ahead of the last T20 encounter in their ongoing visit in Bangladesh.
The visitors Zimbabwe suffered another defeat on Monday in their first T20 encounter of the two-match series, after losing the three-match ODI series and also the one-off Test before that.
On Monday, Zimbabwe welcomed Bangladesh to bat after winning the toss, which seemed them to be poised to turn things around after a dire run of form- losing all the matches against the hosts.
Bangladesh openers were again able to stage a partnership that ended after adding 92 runs on the board as Zimbabwe bowlers looked very few to offer from their container, Tigers’ innings ended after setting a mountain high total against the host batsmen, who yet to deliver- coming to the last game of the series.
As Zimbabweans have failed to present anything on the table so far in this series, the skipper Williams presumably looked more concerned of his team’s poor form despite the Corona fear, which has now also hit the densely-populated host country in recent time.
“Nothing whatsoever [ about Corona virus except the match],” Zimbabwe skipper Williams told reporters on Tuesday at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium.

“We are just concern about the game of cricket at the moment. That’s all mind focused right now,” he added.
Though Zimbabwean skipper’s fearless attitude the spreading of Corona virus around the world has impacted the staging of sporting events around the world as the highly awaited tweenty20 games between Asia XI and World XI are also on series threat of cancelation to avoid any sort of mass gathering.
Meanwhile, skipper Williams, who earlier criticized his teams’ effort for failing to implement the basic works on the ground before starting the T20 series, was again vocal of regarding the issue as he urged his team senior teammates to handle pressure in the game.
“Obviously I’m very disappointed like the discipline that I was talking about. The basic of the game- which areas to bowl, what are the plans in the death over, fielding, throw to the keeper- those areas need improvement,” said Williams.
“Winning the toss was a good thing for us. I thought the wicket was attacking but I think we bowled on the wrong areas. Batting second and we see no partnerships up from the top,”
“I know chasing 200, obviously you are going to feel pressure, but pressures part of the game. It’s something that senior guys and cricketers all around world deals on the daily basis. It’s a very simple fix to be honest with you to comeback to fix those areas, we just need to apply” Williams added.
Wesley Madhevere, the 19-year-old Zimbabwean all-rounder, who was batting at number five for the visitors, were in a good touch during the one-day series putting him at four in the first T20 match, did not came fruitful for the visitors as he failed to make even a double-digit figure.
As the young all-rounder is considered highly potential for the future of Zimbabwean cricket, Williams said the youngster is “phenomenal” in terms of his talent which will keep him backing Wesley.
“I think he [Wesley] is phenomenal cricketer,” Williams said.
“At the moment there’s Brendan right the top then Craig [Ervine] then me then [Sikandar] Raza then Wesley and then Donald [Tiripano]. At the moment I can’t really fit him up at the top,”
“(But) Why not giving him a chance up there. I’m backing my players fully, I think Wesley obviously failed on some points but I’m going carry on backing him” Williams said regarding Wesley.