Deepak Chahar in Quarantine after Testing Positive: Report

Image : Collected

|| Desk Report ||
Global pandemic novel COVID-19 has brought the entire world into a standstill which has postponed all the cricketing activities across the globe. This has cancelled the 13th edition of Indian Premier League (IPL) which was earlier slated to take place in March but due to the pandemic it failed to take place and now it’s going to be played in UAE from September 19.
While the teams have reached the destination, reports claimed that 12 members from Chennai Super Kings' franchise have been reported positive of COVID-19. Meanwhile, a new report from the Times of India revealed that the speedster Deepak Chahar has been tested positive who has played the three ODIs and 10 T20Is so far.
He will now have to go through a mandatory 14-day quarantine period, and after that his test report should come negative, twice in a span of 14 hours before joining.

Meanwhile, the BCCI has still claimed that there is no threat to the IPL 2020 schedule. “Adequate measures are in place to tackle the situation and there is no immediate threat to the tournament. But the announcement of fixtures has been delayed because of this development,” a top BCCI source told TOI.
Notably, CSK were the only team that has conducted a preparatory camp in Chennai, before reaching Dubai.
“Senior BCCI officials had cautioned the CSK management about the risks of holding such a camp in India,” a BCCI source said.
“There are many players who were coming from a long lay-off. The likes of MS Dhoni, Deepak Chahar, Ambati Rayudu and Suresh Raina had played very little cricket even before the lockdown in March. That’s why CSK insisted on having the camp, to have a few extra days under their belt,” a source further added.
“It is difficult but the entire team is on the same page. We know we are in a position to absorb this delay and take it in our stride,” a CSK source said. “As far as we know, we are playing on September 19 and that’s how we are preparing mentally. Now we are only hoping that no one else tests positive in the next few tests.”