De Silva calls upon ICC, BCCI and SLC to investigate the fixing claims

Image : Collected

|| Desk Report ||
Sri Lanka batting maestro Aravinda de Silva has urged the International Cricket Council (ICC), the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and the Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) to investigate the claims of Mahindananda Aluthgamage.
The Sri Lankan ex-Sports Minister had earlier claimed that they had sold the 2011 World Cup final to India.

Addressing the allegations, De Silva, who was the Chairman of Selectors of SLC, told Sri Lankan newspaper Sunday Times: “We cannot let people get away all the time with lies. I request everyone, ICC, BCCI and SLC to investigate this immediately.”
De Silva said legends like Sachin Tendulkar, who won his maiden World Cup after toiling for so long, deserve the respect earned after the triumph.
“Just like we cherished our World Cup victory, players like Sachin (Tendulkar) cherish these moments for the rest of their lives. I think in the interest of Sachin and the millions of cricket fans across India, it’s the duty of the Indian government and their cricket board to initiate an impartial inquiry to see whether they have won a fixed World Cup,” Aravinda de Silva said.
“When serious allegations like these are being made, it affects a lot of people. In this case not only us, the selectors, the players, and the team management but Indian cricketers who deservingly won the world title,” De Silva told the media. We need to clear this once and for all for the greater good of the game we love,” he added.
Former Sri Lanka players Kumar Sangakkara, who was the captain in the 2011 World Cup and Mahela Jayawardena had also denied the claims.