7835 views

Christchurch Terrorist Attack

We won’t tour without full-proof security plan: BCB president

blank Online Desk
blank Online Desk
We won’t tour without full-proof security plan: BCB president
BCB President Nazmul Hasan. -Cricfrenzy A-A+

||CF Correspondent||

Bangladesh Cricket Board president Nazmul Hasan said that they will need full proof security plan in the upcoming days before finalizing any further tour.

Nazmul made that comment in an off-the-cuff press conference after Bangladesh national team narrowly escaped a mass killing, which took place in some mosques in Christchurch on Friday. The team was on their way to one of the mosques that came under attack to offer Jumma prayer and somehow managed to escape from the area.

New Zealand authorities confirmed the death of at least 49 people in attacks on two Christchurch mosques.

“Bangladesh team will ensure that they receive minimum required security before finalizing any tour in future,’’ said Nazmul. “We only go to those countries who can assure us this otherwise we will not go there,’’ he said.

The BCB president Nazmul on Friday demanded the same security arrangements from other cricket boards that Bangladesh usually provides them. “The security arrangement was nowhere near what we usually provide.  It’s not just here, wherever we go, we don’t get that much security,” Nazmul told reporters at press conference in Dhaka.

“Whenever someone comes here we need to give the kind of security that they ask for. But so far we don’t get this. To be frank, we don’t force for this,’ said Nazmul.

“If you look at the whole thing, New Zealand have never think about such type of incident… They have never thought about this I think. I mean the preparation such as what have to do if this happened or how to deal with it etc,’’ he said.

“It was surprising that the police took much time. I do not think that if there was such a thing in our country or in any surrounding countries, it would take so long to come to the police,’’ he said.

“Of course I thought that they were unprepared. Now they have to be more careful about this. I don’t know what will do the other countries but for Bangladesh team, we will ensure minimum required security is available,’’ he added.

Nazmul also urged the cricketing authorities across the world to change the mindset about security. “We have always maintained that this kind of incident can happen to any country. Every country has to be careful. Every team has to be alerted,” he said.

“There might have a perception it could happen only in our country or in sub-continent. There is no chance of it is happening there.  It’s no longer like that,” he said. In earlier years, Australia cricket team boycotted a tour in Bangladesh in 2015 citing lack of security.

Comment

Read More

Dhaka Premier League'19

Abahani eyes unbeaten DPL championship

||CF Correspondent|| Title aspirant Abahani Limited eyes unbeaten championship in the ongoing Dhaka Premier League, said head coach Khaled Mahmud on Thursday. Abahani had won all their DPL matches so far and

Match Report Live Score More
| Cricfrenzy
Update:
7814 views

IPL 2019

BCB give NOC to Shakib eventually

||CF Correspondent|| Bangladesh Cricket Board on Thursday decided to provide no-objection certificate to all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan for the upcoming Indian Premier League, giving an end to all speculation. The speculation began

Match Report Live Score More
8921 views

ICC World Cup 2019

ICC World Cup tickets go on sale today

||Desk Report|| The ICC officially announced today the range of tickets across all teams and venues of the Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019 are now available for general sale on the

Match Report Live Score More
9099 views

Obituary

Former Jamaican cricketer murdered

||Desk Report|| Former national cricketer William Haye murdered on Monday at his own residence in the Four Paths area of Clarendon. The retired cricketer was one the pioneer fast bowler

Match Report Live Score More
8912 views

Spotlight

Shakib is expected to play risk-free IPL: BCB

||CF Correspondent|| Bangladesh Cricket Board official said on Wednesday that though they have allowed Shakib al Hasan to take part in the Indian Premier League as he had recovered sufficiently

Match Report Live Score More
8724 views