WICB cancels Darren Bravo’s contract after sending him home

WICB cancels Darren Bravo’s contract after sending him home

Experienced batsman Darren Bravo has been replaced with Jason Mohammed for the upcoming ODI tri-series in Zimbabwe.

Recently Bravo was offered a grade C contract and the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) president Dave Cameron said it was because of his poor batting average. After that, Bravo reacted on twitter with brutal mentality.

bravo

After this reaction from Bravo on Twitter, the exclusion was made. Now, The West Indies Cricket Board has also sent a notice to Darren Bravo.

The notice said that the batsman’s match contract had been cancelled due to the “disparaging” remarks he made on Twitter about board president.

Recently, the WICB’s director of cricket, Richard Pybus sent an email to Bravo on Friday. In that email Pybus warned Bravo that if the batsman didn’t delete the tweet and apologise by Saturday then he would face further action.

In the mail sent to Bravo, Pybus said, “It has come to our attention that on November 11, 2016 you published a tweet on your Twitter account (@DMBravo46) disparaging the President of the West Indies Cricket Board.”

He also said, “We would expect as a senior West Indian cricketer, that you would recognise that your decision to vent your frustration online, as well as to denigrate the President of the WICB, was inappropriate and unacceptable as well as contrary to your contractual obligations to the WICB.”

Pybus aslo tried to make Bravo realise the consequences of such tweets. As a senior player the board expected Bravo to act with more patience.

Director of WICB said,  “I strongly discourage you from continuing to use Twitter or other social networking sites in a manner which might cause embarrassment to the West Indies Cricket Team, the West Indies Cricket Board or any official of the West Indies Cricket Board and which can potentially bring the game into disrepute.”

In the later part of the email Pybus warned Bravo with harder languages but Darren was not afraid of that.

Pybus said, “I ask that you also note that any further such action on your part, including failure to comply with our request above by 4 p.m. Eastern Caribbean time on November 12 2016, may result in further disciplinary action, including referral to the WICB Disciplinary Committee.”

But, Bravo did not respond to this warning and then the WICB replaced him in the squad. The reason behind the exclusion was “inappropriate and unacceptable behaviour”, which breached contractual obligations.

Updated West Indies Squad:

Jason Holder (captain), Sulieman Benn, Devendra Bishoo, Carlos Brathwaite, Kraigg Brathwaite, Jonathan Carter, Johnson Charles, Miguel Cummins, Shane Dowrich, Shannon Gabriel, Shai Hope, Evin Lewis, Jason Mohammed, Ashley Nurse, Rovman Powell.

Posts Carousel

Cricket Score

Latest Posts

Most Commented

Featured Videos